Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Name

My first name is Aracely Ramirez. I found out Aracely means the  "alter of the sky" or "beautiful alter". My name isn't very common and when I do meet people that have my name it's always spelled with an "I" instead of a "Y". I am actually very fond of my first name; however it wasn't always that way.

When I was younger I actually disliked my name very much. I hated having to correct people more than once on how to pronounce my name; that on many occasions I wouldn't even try. My very own cousins couldn't even pronounce my name either so they ended up calling "Vere". It just became more of bother having to correct them as well so I just let it be. My named seemed like more of a pain if anything when I was younger. 

A few years later, I had an assignment that required us to figure out why our parents named us the way they did and through that assignment I found that my father actually named. He just told me that I was named after someone that deeply impacted him during his teenage years. He wouldn't really tell me much more on the subject. I later learned more on this matter but I'm not quite ready to share that with people yet. 

I know now that my name is special even if it only special to me because my father chose it for me. He didn't choose it out of some baby name book like he did with my younger brother; he named me after someone that changed his life.  I'm very proud to be named Aracely even if I still have to correct people all the time. I know that I can live up to this name just like the person I was named after. I now embrace my name with open arms and I'm going to make my dad proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment